Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blue Day Comfort

When I'm having one of those days where I want nothing more than to sit in my room, secluded, pretending that the world outside doesn't exist, but can't, I turn to my clothing to provide the comfort I seek. Uber soft t-shirts and slacks are my go to.
I have found that when buying clothing you should have a list of requirements that each piece you plan to buy should meet before investing. For me comfort is #1. Comfort doesn't mean sloppy, though. I fully believe that even on the laziest days you must always look like you got out of bed with a purpose.

So I've decided to share my short list of requirements for when I go shopping:

1. Is it comfortable?
2. Is it flattering? (i.e. does it fit, hide trouble spots, highlight best features...)
3. Is it unique to my wardrobe?
-This one is important because I tend to buy a lot of similar pieces out of comfort-
4. Do I need it? (I always feel like I do...)
5. Can I afford it now?

So after sharing that, here is my outfit that kept me comfortable and looking sharp on one of my not so best days.
Blazer: H&M. Blouse: Anthropologie. Trousers: Anthropologie. Shoes: Banana Republic. Bag: Schuler and Sons. Bow Belt: Urban Outfitters. Necklace: Gifted.











Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love this look! Chic with just the right amount of edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a great sense of style. saw you on fabsugar and just checked out a few of your outfits. now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thank you! That's so flattering of you both!

    ReplyDelete