Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nopalito

I realized today that I have not done a food related post in a while, and if you don't know by now, I LOVE food. I love it almost as much as I love clothes, because hey, I will sacrifice a fancy dinner for some fancy shoes ;)

I recently visited Nopalito with a few very special people. Nopalito is in the same neighborhood as its big brother restaurant, Nopa, a very famous, almost impossible restaurant to get into. Nopalito however, is strictly about Mexican food.

I left this restaurant with mixed feelings about my experience. First of all they don't take reservations, so it's best to call at least an hour in advance to put your name down on the list, as we did, in order to be seated in a timely manner. The restaurant is small and very modern, which is an interesting contradiction to the food they serve. The food was delicious though. I got the mole chicken, which was one of the best of this dish that I have ever had. The sauce was hearty and you could taste the chocolate in it. Everyone I was with enjoyed their dish very much as well. We also got a pitcher of their margarita, which was good but seemed a little watered down.
The biggest downfall for me was the lack of an extensive dessert menu. We had one option for dessert; home made popsicles in one of two flavors available- chocolate or strawberry. I shared the chocolate flavor with Kyle. It was tasty but also very rich so we couldn't even finish it. I would have hoped that they would have had more options for dessert. On a cold San Francisco night a popsicle isn't the most ideal dessert, and for a restaurant that has such a fantastic menu for dinner, you would expect a little more effort on dessert to round out the experience for their customers. Would I go back? Yes, but not for any kind of special occasion.

Enchiladas

Mole Chicken

Mexican Rice with Beef Meatballs

Carne Asada Fajita

In other exciting news...
A good friend of mine has offered to do a little photo shoot for me. He has set up a make-shift studio and is going to take a bunch of outfit pictures. He has always been into photography but since he has moved to SF he hasn't been able to put that interest to use, so this is quite an exciting experience for the both of us. You will see the final products little by little as I will post them every now and then as outfit pictures.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment