Wednesday, November 2, 2011

High and Low

I've had this skirt for a couple of years now, but it was only until yesterday that I realized how incredibly short it is. Good thing I've always worn it with tights, or else that would have been embarrassing. Not to say I don't embarrass myself enough in other ways...

I personally don't think that if something is too short you have to get rid of it (unless you're uncomfortable), because there are ways to make it work and be modest. My outfit for example balances out a short hemline with thick black tights and booties to help cut the leg line a bit. On top I wore a modest chunky knit sweater, and a longer then normal blazer. Layering on more modest pieces with one stand out piece helps make the item more everyday appropriate, and makes it more versatile, therefore you get more bang for your buck!

There are so many variations of this too, for example pairing a long cardi and button up blouse with a similar skirt. Go ahead, give that daring item in your closet another try ;)

Blazer: Anthropologie. Sweater: H&M. Skirt & Belt: Forever 21. Tights: H&M. Booties: Schuler & Sons. Sunglasses: Ray Ban. Necklace: Gifted. Branch Ring: World Market. Octopus Cuff: Gifted. Feather Pin: Vintage. Bag: H&M.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. the turquoise details on your jewelry are so pretty and dainty, i love it!

    xoxo katlin
    kaitgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Turquoise is one of my favorite gemstones and accent colors!

    ReplyDelete