Sunday, December 2, 2012

New Years Wears

New Years Wears




Though I love sequins all year round, done subtly of course, New Years Eve is the perfect time to bust out some glitz. I've put together a lust vs. must outfit for  New Years, and could see myself wearing both... given certain circumstances. This ombre Matthew Williamson dress is so festive and I love the ombre effect. I kept everything simple with the outfit- letting the dress shine. For the more feasible look, I kept the color scheme the same, and also kept the ombre element with a casual denim shirt. It dresses down the skirt, and once again, I kept everything else simple to let the sequins do their job.


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I like the "must" outfit better. Idk why, I just can't see myself mixing ombre and sequins. I like it better when they are separate pieces. Plus I think i like the shoes and purse better in the must outfit too. Would love to see what you actually wear for new years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see that. The RR dress is gorgeous, but maybe on- it may be much. The must outfit is definitely more something I would wear- but stay tuned and you'll see the final outfit ;)

      Delete
  2. Uh. I want it ALL.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both outfits my dear! Both are incredibly chic. I am like you and like sequins all year round but there is something so perfect about wearing them at Christmas and new years! :)

    Take care,

    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daniella! I think this time of year is the perfect excuse for someone to try, if they wouldn't otherwise!

      Delete
  4. If only I had the kind of NYE plans that would allow for wearing that gorgeous, insanely fun dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look on the right! Would you wear the shirt tucked in, out, or half?

    ReplyDelete